Skip to main content

Tips for making 2016 your best year financially!!!!!!



 Hello Friends,

Happy Sunday!!!!! I hope we had a beautiful day. So it's the start of a new week, and I absolutely love starts. I see it as an opportunity to re-write, re-brand and renew. I read something about financial planning in the past week, and I decided to share with my fellow blog readers.

Please relax, enjoy and learn a few things, as we go through this together:

"From the look of things, this year will likely be a difficult one financially, and to get through effortlessly, you have to start planning from the beginning. You can't afford to wait till the end of the first quarter, or half-year to start planning. Planing should start now. Use estimates if you must plan, and change to actual as you go on, but don't wait any further."


  • Be prepared to let go of some things, and only spend when absolutely necessary. If you have saved money, try not to touch it. Please do not spend on frivolities.


  • Avoid capital projects in the next few months until you are certain of replenishing your bank accounts.
  • Avoid social travels that bring no added income. Go for social gatherings if you must, but don't spend more than necessary. It is not compulsory you buy that aso-ebi for your colleague's wedding, especially if it is costly. You can rock whatever you have to the wedding, and still turn heads........smiles....


  • Reduce your responsibilities: Your first duty is to your family, and no one else.
  • Tell your working-class friends not to bother you for financial favours. You need to be firm here. You are not a bank , neither are you a financial institution, nor are you a charitable organisation. Do what you can, or must do, but don't over-stretch yourself financially for anyone. (You will be surprised that those people that come asking for favours actually have more than you do, they have just chosen to save theirs, and leech off you).
  • Try as much as possible to avoid those who ask you in advance what you are going to get them on their birthdays or on valentine's day (I had to remind you guys abi?) wink wink......
  • Do  not be pushed into unnecessary spending for any reason whatsoever. Even if you have the money to spend, spend on things that will uplift your life, and the life of others. Do not spend your money on 'turnup' alone.....
  • Finally, Please concentrate your energy (time and money), on things that can improve your life. Invest in yourself, invest in a business (but please look before you leap), Save as much as you can, make your  money work for you, and do not be a slave to money.

Money matters, but it does not guarantee your happiness.

I hope you've learnt something from this? 

If you have more suggestions, kindly add them in the comment section.

Till next time,

Peace and Love!!!!!

Lade.

Source: This write-up is courtesy Gbonjubola Sanni of Eadda kids.

Comments

  1. Hi Lolade time to advice on what saving platform people can engage in. "To save and make money work for us" how do we go about this. Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lolade time to advice on what saving platform people can engage in. "To save and make money work for us" how do we go about this. Thanks once again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is there a smart way to save?

Babe, why have you stopped posting on your blog? When is your next post? What are you going to write about? All these and more were questions I got during the week. I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who has come to this blog to read my posts. I also want to implore you to help share with your friends and family(after all, the more the merrier, or don't you think so?) Smiles................... So let's get back to the matter................. Of the discussions I had with people, one thing stood out for me, the second greatest excuse people give after "I don't earn enough to save from" is "I don't have the discipline to save in the bank, and not withdraw from it". Frankly, this was shocking, but then I realised that some people would rather keep things( money inclusive) out of their reach in order to keep it safe. So when I got answers like " If I save in my bank account, I will be tempted to withdraw when I want to

Money decisions as a couple

Hello friends.  Happy new month.  I hope we've been making good money decisions since my last post. I haven't written in a while,  not because I am lazy, but because I really wanted to be sure that this is what I wanted.  After some serious soul searching, I realised that I am in for the long haul. I am really interested in helping people make responsible financial decisions. Today's post is centred on marriage and finance . I was discussing with my friends about how wise it is for couples to share financial information with one another. We hear of couples who separate and even get divorced because they are not financially compatible,  so I thought that this needs to be discussed. As you will have guessed, different people have different schools of thought about this. I have a friend who said this: "Lolade, I'm not interested in any joint account o, I'm working for my money,  I think I should be able to spend it anyway I like,  plus the guy should be the br