Skip to main content

5 Habits of Multi Millionaires and Billionaires



Every year, Forbes posts a list of the richest people in the world, these people are multi millionaires, their net-worth can buy some of us and our families combined😊😊😊😊😊. These wealthy people have a 'code' that they follow/adhere to.

There's a saying in my local language which loosely translated to English means: "If you want to catch a monkey, you need to behave like one (a monkey)". This saying is applicable to soo many things including today's topic........... So I will rephrase the saying this way: "If you want to be a millionaire, adopt the habits of millionaires"😊😊😊😊😊😊


You will agree with me that most of us want to be multi-millionaires, the question is do we imbibe the millionaire code? Multi-millionaires have some things in common, from Mark Zuckerberg to Bill Gates to Warren Buffet to Aliko Dangote, you will find out that they almost always have similar habits . The habits of these billionaires have ensured that they remain billionaires even through the ups and downs of various economies of the world.
One thing that these wealthy people have in common is their modesty or should I say modest lifestyle?
Warren Buffet lives in a modest relatively small home in Omaha
Mark Zuckerberg wears almost similar clothing everyday.
Bill Gates does not wear Prada.


Apart from being modest, your average multi-millionaire also exhibit the following habits:

  • They are readers; they always want to learn. It has been said that the average millionaire reads one non-fiction book every month.
  • They understand delayed gratification: This can be linked to modesty too. An average multi-millionaire will rather buy a $10 bag, and save or invest all his other funds, so he can make more money. They don't keep up with the Joneses.
  • They stay away from debt : They do not see debt as a tool. If they want something, they'll rather save for the item , and then buy such item when they have enough funds.
  • They stick to their routines: Most millionaires are not scattered. They have laid down plans, that they follow and execute to the letter. This is not to say that, they do not deviate from their plans at all (If there is a need to deviate, by all means do), but they stay through to their laid-down plans. They don't leave any business unfinished.
  • They exercise: Y'all know I will include this right? As a fit-fam lover that I am πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚. But seriously, a lot of multi-millionaires (e.g Richard Branson) believe that when you exercise, it increases  productivity. Exercise also boosts your mood, and prevents diseases like stroke, diabetes etc. Just commit to 15-30 minutes of exercise daily works wonders.

Just follow through on this 'millionaire code' dilligently, and see if you won't be on your way to being a multi-millionaire.

This will be all from me this week, Till next week, keep being the best version of you, and keep making smart money decisions.

Peace and Love,

Lade.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is there a smart way to save?

Babe, why have you stopped posting on your blog? When is your next post? What are you going to write about? All these and more were questions I got during the week. I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who has come to this blog to read my posts. I also want to implore you to help share with your friends and family(after all, the more the merrier, or don't you think so?) Smiles................... So let's get back to the matter................. Of the discussions I had with people, one thing stood out for me, the second greatest excuse people give after "I don't earn enough to save from" is "I don't have the discipline to save in the bank, and not withdraw from it". Frankly, this was shocking, but then I realised that some people would rather keep things( money inclusive) out of their reach in order to keep it safe. So when I got answers like " If I save in my bank account, I will be tempted to withdraw when I want to

Money decisions as a couple

Hello friends.  Happy new month.  I hope we've been making good money decisions since my last post. I haven't written in a while,  not because I am lazy, but because I really wanted to be sure that this is what I wanted.  After some serious soul searching, I realised that I am in for the long haul. I am really interested in helping people make responsible financial decisions. Today's post is centred on marriage and finance . I was discussing with my friends about how wise it is for couples to share financial information with one another. We hear of couples who separate and even get divorced because they are not financially compatible,  so I thought that this needs to be discussed. As you will have guessed, different people have different schools of thought about this. I have a friend who said this: "Lolade, I'm not interested in any joint account o, I'm working for my money,  I think I should be able to spend it anyway I like,  plus the guy should be the br

Tips for making 2016 your best year financially!!!!!!

 Hello Friends, Happy Sunday!!!!! I hope we had a beautiful day. So it's the start of a new week, and I absolutely love starts. I see it as an opportunity to re-write, re-brand and renew. I read something about financial planning in the past week, and I decided to share with my fellow blog readers. Please relax, enjoy and learn a few things, as we go through this together: "From the look of things, this year will likely be a difficult one financially, and to get through effortlessly, you have to start planning from the beginning. You can't afford to wait till the end of the first quarter, or half-year to start planning. Planing should start now. Use estimates if you must plan, and change to actual as you go on, but don't wait any further." Be prepared to let go of some things, and only spend when absolutely necessary. If you have saved money, try not to touch it. Please do not spend on frivolities. Avoid capital projects in the next